How to Refinish Cabinets Like a Pro
- Before. In its original state this kitchen featured blonde-toned contractor-grade cabinets that the homeowner planned to rip out and replace.
- Project Cost and Timeline.
- Label With Tape.
- Fill the Holes.
- Lightly Sand Surfaces.
- Invest in Primer.
- Use an HVLP Paint Sprayer.
- Mark With a Jig.
How much does it cost to have kitchen cabinets repainted?
The national average cost to paint standard kitchen cabinets ranges from $1,200 to $7,000, with additional costs for better paint quality, cabinet design and size, and painting method all affecting the total cost of the project.
What is the best way to paint kitchen cabinets?
Paint Kitchen Cabinets
- Start with the cabinet frames, using a high-quality brush for smaller areas and a foam roller for larger surfaces.
- On the cabinet doors and drawer fronts pieces, paint the backs, let them dry, then paint the fronts.
- Apply a second coat of paint.
How can I paint my kitchen cabinets without sanding?
How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets Without Sanding or Priming
- Remove Any Dirt and Grime. Using a scrubbing sponge, thoroughly wipe down each cabinet surface with a grease-cutting cleaner, making sure to remove all dirt and grime.
- Apply Liquid Deglosser.
- Label Doors + Remove Hardware.
- Clean Out the Inside.
- Paint the Back.
- Insert Thumbtacks.
- Paint the Molding.
- Paint the Front Side.
Photo in the article by “DeviantArt”