6 Ways to Instantly Get Rid of Fruit Flies & Gnats at Home
- Create a trap by mixing apple cider vinegar with a few drops of dish soap.
- Another home-made trap is to pour leftover red wine into a jar.
- Mash up banana slices in a jar and cover the top with a plastic wrap.
- Pour bleach solution into the bathroom sink.
How do you make a homemade fruit fly trap?
What You Do:
- Toss out any overripe fruit. Then, pour a cup of apple cider vinegar into a jar or small bowl.
- Add a couple of drops of dish soap to the jar.
- Place the trap in the area where you’ve seen the fruit flies, and wait for it to do its job.
How do you trap flies in your house?
- In a Mason Jar or bottle, add about 1/4 cup of sugar, 3-4 inches of apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup or so of water, and a drop of dish soap.
- Stir it up a little bi.
- Attach twine or string to hang the jar (optional)
- Place saran wrap over the top of the jar and put some holes in it so the flies can get in.
How do I get rid of fruit flies in my drain?
How to Kill Fruit Flies in Drains. Some fruit flies make their home in areas where it’s just not practical to place a trap. Examples include shower drains, bathroom sink drains, toilets, etc. To get rid of fruit flies in these areas, pour boiling water (or boiling white vinegar) down drains and toilets.