To install crown molding:
- Measure the length of each wall.
- Set the miter saw to a 45° angle.
- Position the bottom of the molding against the saw fence and table.
- Tilt the molding so the back is flush with the saw fence.
- Cut the crown molding to length.
- Hold the molding on the wall, and nail it in place to the studs.
How do you attach crown molding to cabinets?
Provide a nailing surface for crown moulding by attaching solid wood mounting strips to the top edges of the cabinets. Cut strips of straight 3/4-in x 1-1/2-in wood to fit the front and sides of each cabinet. (Use one long strip for a row of cabinets the same depth.)
How do you install cabinet trim?
Suggested clip 95 seconds
How to Install Cabinet Moulding and Trim | Omega Cabinetry
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
What angle do you cut crown molding corner cabinets?
Set miter angle to half wall angle. For example: 45° miter for 90° walls. If using a Compound Miter Saw, Set Bevel angle to 0° (No bevel) On an inside corner, the top of the molding will be shorter; on an outside corner, the bottom will be shorter.