Transform Your Kitchen Cabinets Without Paint (11 Ideas)
- Cover the glass doors with window film.
- Tack on placements and colorful utensils.
- Install some molding on the top.
- Add some trim for an easy upgrade.
- Cover them with pretty contact paper.
- Take off the doors for open shelving.
- Stain your cabinets with a gel.
How do you update wood cabinets?
Whether you add trim to the doors or paint your cabinets, you can get a great look without spending a lot of money.
8 Ways to Update Kitchen Cabinets
- Add Height.
- Add Molding or Trim to the Doors.
- Paint the Cabinets with Chalk Paint.
- Add Beadboard.
- Add Hardware.
- Add “Feet” to the Base.
- Add Corbels Under Cabinets.
How can I make my kitchen cabinets look better?
12 Easy Ways to Upgrade Basic Kitchen Cabinets
- Add Task Lighting or Uplighting. Installing lighting on cabinets isn’t just a practical improvement.
- Remove the Doors.
- Add Glass Door Inserts.
- Install Roll-Out Shelving.
- Replace Door Fronts With Chicken Wire.
- Add Crown Molding.
- Add Lid Storage.
- Spice Up Your Doors.
Are oak cabinets outdated 2019?
Going into 2019, wood stained kitchen cabinets will still be popular in more traditional kitchens, but white, gray, two-toned and even blue cabinets are on the rise.
Should I paint my solid oak kitchen cabinets?
Unfortunately, engineered cupboards that aren’t solid wood aren’t as easy to to paint. Paint doesn’t adhere to the finished surface as easily and will often peel off or chip. To prevent chipping of most paints, the engineered wood cabinets will most likely need light sanding and priming before painting.
What color paint goes with oak cabinets?
Rich, Deep Colors
Dark, charcoal gray and deep, gun-metal gray with dark blue or green undertones make oak furniture and cabinets look updated, rich and sophisticated. For high contrast with the golden yellow tones of oak furniture, use a deep shade of the complementary opposite, such as eggplant or aubergine.
How can I make cheap cabinets look good?
10 Cheap Ways To Make Your Kitchen Look Expensive
- Update hardware.
- Use lighter colors.
- Replace cabinet doors.
- Change lighting.
- Use artwork.
- Paint your appliances stainless steel.
- Add window treatments.
- Style your breakfast nook.
How can I redo my kitchen cabinets without sanding?
How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets Without Sanding or Priming
- Remove Any Dirt and Grime. Using a scrubbing sponge, thoroughly wipe down each cabinet surface with a grease-cutting cleaner, making sure to remove all dirt and grime.
- Apply Liquid Deglosser.
- Label Doors + Remove Hardware.
- Clean Out the Inside.
- Paint the Back.
- Insert Thumbtacks.
- Paint the Molding.
- Paint the Front Side.
How can I update my kitchen without replacing cabinets?
13 Ways to Upgrade Your Builder-Grade Cabinets Without Replacing Them
- Paint Your Builder Grade Cabinets.
- Add cabinets on top of the existing cabinets.
- Re-hang your cabinets higher and add shelving underneath.
- Install New Hardware.
- Add a backsplash.
- Paint your kitchen walls a dark neutral color.