Laminate countertops are pretty durable, but they can get nicked and scratched.
They can even bubble.
But you can fix these minor imperfections and even remove stains.
A sharp knife is great for preparing food, but if it slips, you end up with small cuts or chips in the countertop.
How do you restore laminate countertops?
How to Restore Laminate Countertops
- Dip a clean, lint-free cloth in bleach or vinegar.
- Wipe the cloth onto your laminate countertops to thoroughly clean and disinfect them before you try to polish them.
- Polish laminate countertops by adding car wax to the surface of your countertops.
- Allow the car wax to sit for about 10 minutes.
How do you repair a damaged countertop?
Suggested clip 75 seconds
How to repair a deep scratch in your laminate countertop – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do you fix a chip in a laminate countertop?
Repair Chipped Surfaces
- Clean the chip and surrounding area with acetone applied with a rag or sponge.
- Squeeze a small amount of laminate filler or paste that matches your Formica counter onto the edge of a stainless steel putty knife.
Photo in the article by “Moving at the Speed of Creativity”