Cheap and Discount Countertops
- Laminate Counters: Learn to Love Laminates.
- Ceramic Tile: Classic Do-It-Yourself Countertop.
- Tile Granite: Slab Granite’s Feel and Look.
- Wood: Great Looks, Low Cost, High Maintenance.
- Modular Engineered Stone: Little-Known “Slab Granite” Alternative.
- Solid Surface: Increasingly Cheaper, DIY Option.
- Why so Expensive?
Are wood countertops cheaper than granite?
The prices may change depending on the type of wood chosen, as well as the shape of the countertops. Granite is sold by the square foot, with additional costs for the edging and sink installation. Granite can cost between $30 and $500 a square foot installed, but most stones fall between $40-$75 a square foot.
How much does quartz countertop cost?
On average, the cost for quartz countertops without installation fees included is about $75 per square foot. Although the price varies by brand and manufacturer, here are some of the average costs based on quality: Low-quality: $50 to $65 per square foot. Mid-quality: $65 to $75 per square foot.
What is the cheapest stone countertop?
Cheap Kitchen Countertop Alternatives
|Material||Cheap to Expensive (Per Square Foot)*|
3 more rows
What is the best countertop for your money?
Bang-For-Your-Buck Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Quartz. Quartz has become popular with thanks to its durability and low maintenance.
- Solid Surfacing.
- Recycled Glass.
- Wooden Butcher Block.
What type of kitchen countertop is best?
Our 13 Favorite Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Marble Countertops.
- Honed Granite Countertops.
- Stainless Steel Countertops.
- Glass Countertops.
- Recycled Countertops.
- Concrete Countertops.
- Travertine Countertops.
- Tile Countertops. Tile countertops are a great choice if you want an inexpensive material that’s easy to maintain.
What is the whitest granite you can get?
Look no further than white granite countertops. In addition to uniquely brightening up a living space, white granite counters add elegance with no sacrifice of durability.
12 Trending White Granite Colors in 2018
- Alaska White.
- Alps White.
- Andino White.
- Colonial White.
- New River White.
- Moon White.
- Mystic Spring.
- Salinas White.
What is the most durable countertop?
The Top 5 Most Durable Countertops
- Granite. Although natural granite remains one of today’s most popular countertop choices, it may have met its match with the growing popularity of engineered granite.
- Quartz. Quartz countertops are a top contender when it comes to both durability and beauty.
- Recycled Glass.
- Solid Surface.
What is the best wood to use for kitchen countertop?
One of the best aspects of wood countertops is the sheer number of options and style upgrades available. The basic style options include flat grain, end grain, and edge grain.
Some of the best wood species to choose include:
- Brazilian cherry.
- Bamboo (technically a woody grass)
What is the cheapest quartz countertop?
Quartz Price Summary
Quartz costs $50-$100 per square foot including installation. A modest sized countertop of 54 s.f. will be $2,700-$5,400. Silestone is usually the most expensive but Caesarstone, Zodiaq, and Viatera are cheaper.
Is Quartz better than granite?
Quartz is actually harder than granite and thus, more durable. In fact, quartz is nearly indestructible, and because it isn’t porous like granite, it’s easy to keep your countertops relatively bacteria-free. Be careful with cooking pans though: Quartz can be damaged by excessive heat, so use heating pads at all times.
Can you put a hot pan on a quartz countertop?
Although quartz is very scratch resistant, we do recommend using a cutting board on your quartz countertop. A hot pot or pan can potentially lead to discoloration, we suggest using a trivet to maintain the quality of your countertop.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”