How to Clean Kitchen Cabinets Before Painting
- Fill the kitchen sink with warm water and add grease-cutting dish soap. Place a sponge into the soapy water.
- Dry the surface of the cabinet doors with a dry towel. Place a drop cloth on a stable surface, such as a table.
- Dust all shelves with the dust cloth.
How do you prepare wood cabinets for painting?
How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets Without Sanding or Priming
- Remove Any Dirt and Grime. Using a scrubbing sponge, thoroughly wipe down each cabinet surface with a grease-cutting cleaner, making sure to remove all dirt and grime.
- Apply Liquid Deglosser.
- Label Doors + Remove Hardware.
- Clean Out the Inside.
- Paint the Back.
- Insert Thumbtacks.
- Paint the Molding.
- Paint the Front Side.
Do you have to sand cabinets before painting?
Don’t Go Overboard on Sanding
You should sand cabinets before beginning your how to paint kitchen cabinet project to give the new paint a good surface to grip. But you don’t need to sand to bare wood. If your cabinets have a factory finish, sand lightly with 120-grit sandpaper or a sanding sponge.
How do you prepare a kitchen for painting?
How to Prep Kitchen Walls for Painting
- Clean kitchen walls. One of the biggest differences with painting your kitchen starts with the prep.
- Sand down kitchen walls. After the walls have dried, I sand down all of the walls with 100-grit sandpaper to remove any bumps or imperfections that have developed over the years.
- Lay down plastic.
- Choose your paint.
Photo in the article by “Pexels”