How to use the Spreadsheet
|Food Truck Start-up Costs|
|Food Truck + Wrap & Equipment||$25,000 – $100,000||Feel free to add your personal notes here.|
|Initial Product Inventory||$1,000 – $2,000|
|Permits and Licenses||$100 – $500||Varies a lot depending on where you operate.|
25 more rows
What equipment does a food truck need?
The Commercial Equipment Needed for a Food Truck
- Food Truck Prep and Storage Areas. Enclosed cabinets or cupboards are ideal for storing paper goods, dry goods, and other non-perishables.
- Food Truck Refrigeration, Stoves and Grills. Any coolers, refrigerators, or freezers should be bolted in place for safety.
- Food Truck Service Window.
What does a food truck make?
The average food truck will gross $300,000 annually, and revenue has increased by 12% over the past 5 years. Employee costs can range from $10 – $30 an hour, but a lot of food trucks are paying employees $20 – $30/hour. Let’s assume that the truck makes $20,000 a month in sales.
What do I need to do to start a food truck?
Commonly Required Food Truck Licenses and Permits
- Employer Identification Number. Food trucks typically require several employees.
- Business License.
- Vehicle License.
- Seller’s Permit.
- Food Handler’s Permit.
- Health Department Permit.
- Fire Certificates.
- The Bottom Line.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”