13 Ways to Divide Up a Large Living Room
- Strategically place tall potted plants.
- Paint two-tone walls.
- Swap your coffee table for an oversized ottoman.
- Round out a big seating plan with a pair of X-benches.
- Use a daybed as a room divider.
- Define zones with a console table.
- Add cosiness with a screen.
- Comfortably fill a large space with an L-shaped sectional.
How do you break up a room?
- Divide and Conquer. In a long living room with ample width, create multiple seating areas to visually divide the room.
- Furnishings. Break up the space using furnishing tricks to make it feel more square.
- Visual Tricks. Try breaking up the room visually without using physical barriers.
- Traffic Patterns.
How do you separate a living area from a dining area?
Separate your living room and dining space with rugs and select furnishings.
- Decide on a piece of furniture to separate the living room and dining area.
- Place the dining table in the area behind the sofa or armchairs.
- Center the living space around a large ottoman or coffee table.
How do you separate an open floor plan?
You may think there are only two possibilities: open floor plans or closed-off separate rooms.
6 Tricks to Defining Space in an Open Floor Plan
- Arrange your furniture.
- Color code your zones.
- Use geometry.
- Add floor variants.
- Introduce distinct lighting.
- Create visual layers.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”