13 Ways to Transform Your Countertops Without Replacing Them
- Before you replace your dingy countertops
- Lay marble tiles on top of your counter.
- Get a marble-style look by layering concrete.
- Paint them to look like granite.
- Give them the brown paper bag treatment.
- Replace countertops with smooth concrete.
- Or coat them with a rough concrete cover.
- Change the color with tinted cement.
Can you resurface a laminate countertop?
How to Resurface Laminate Countertops (Instructions) Start by sanding the entire countertop and backsplash / lip areas to rough the surface up a little and help the paint stick permanently. Then, wipe away any debris and clean the surface with a mild soap and water. Then it’s time to paint.
How can I update my kitchen countertops?
Here are a few less expensive ways to update old counters.
- Give It a New Look with Paint.
- Skim-Coat Your Counters for a Faux Concrete Look.
- Make Your Own Solid Concrete Counters.
- Create Tile Countertops.
- Install Butcher Block.
How can I upgrade my kitchen cheaply?
If you’re not totally enamored of your kitchen, we’ve got some ideas to help you heart it some more in 2019.
19 Cheap and Easy Ways to Update Your Kitchen in 2019
- Hang some art.
- Add a rug.
- Paint something.
- Add some wallpaper.
- Plug in a pendant light.
- Swap out your stools.
- Get a colorful small appliance.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”