How to Remove Ants Quickly
- Use the dish soap and water method. This will trap the ants, making them easy to wipe off of counters.
- Pour boiling water into the sink.
- Combine a teaspoon of peppermint essential oil with warm water in a spray bottle.
- Create a trap that is 75% peanut butter and 25% powdered borax.
What smells deter ants?
Vinegar. In addition to repelling ants, vinegar is a great all-purpose cleaner. Why This Works: Two reasons, really: ants hate the smell of vinegar, and it removes the scent trails that they use to get around.
What causes ants in the kitchen?
One of the main reasons they decide to come in is to look for food for the rest of the colony. Leaving leftover food lying around is an easy way to attract ants. What’s even worse is rotting food like fruits and old meals. Don’t let it decomposethat’s when the ants come.
How do I get rid of big black ants in my kitchen?
Try a boric acid bait.
- Buy boric acid at a garden supply store.
- Mix with powdered sugar, in a ratio of about 1/3 sugar to 2/3 boric acid.
- Fill bottle caps with the mixture. Set down around the area where you observe the ants.
- When they return it to the nest, it will kill the ants in the nest.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”