Deodorize your sink by pouring 1 cup of baking soda into the drain.
Heat 1 to 2 cups of distilled white vinegar in the microwave until the liquid is warm.
Pour it into the drain and allow the mixture to fizz for about five minutes to loosen up any stuck-on debris.
Rinse out the drain with running cold water.
Why does my sink smell bad?
Foul odors can emanate from drains, especially in the kitchen where food debris can become lodged in the pipes and cause a rotten smell. Pour ¼ cup baking soda into the sink drain. Add ¼ cup white vinegar. The vinegar and baking soda bubbles, removing loose debris and deodorizing the pipes.
How do I get rid of a musty smell under my sink?
Suggested clip · 68 seconds
Kitchen Plumbing : How to Remove Mildew Smell From a Kitchen
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
Why is there a bad smell coming from my kitchen sink?
One of the most common reasons for a kitchen sink to have a rotten egg or moldy smell is from grease or fat getting stuck in your drains. The foaming of the baking soda/vinegar eats away at the junk in the drain and the boiling water helps wash it all away and sanitizes the drain.
Is it OK to pour boiling water down the sink?
Try attacking your clog with boiling water. Hot water won’t do it — boiling is the key to dissolving any organic matter in your sink. In addition, make sure to never pour boiling water directly onto a porcelain sink bowl, as it can crack. Always pour the water directly down the drain.
Can I pour bleach down the sink?
Bleach is a powerful, toxic substance that should be used carefully and properly, and pouring it down a drain is not a proper use. Bleach can react with other substances in your pipes, potentially release fumes, and further plug up the system. Pouring bleach down them will do much more harm than good.
How do you deodorize a drain?
Dump a cup of baking soda down the drain and then chase it with two cups of hot vinegar down the drain. (Watch out, it’ll fizz.) Wait a half hour, during which the fizzing will subside and eventually stop. After the time’s up, flush the drain with hot tap water again.
How dangerous is mold under sink?
Black mold under the sink is not only an unsightly, but can also pose a health hazard. If you discover mold under your sink, you should clean it up immediately to keep your home clean and safe. Leaving mold untreated could allow it to grow and spread.
Can mold under sink make you sick?
In some cases, mold in your home can make you sick, especially if you have allergies or asthma. Whether or not you’re allergic to molds, mold exposure can irritate your eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs. Here’s what you can do to combat mold problems, and take care of yourself and your home.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”