Small dining room ideas to make the most of your space
- Invest in a foldaway dining table. If you don’t have enough space for a dedicated dining room, investing in a foldaway table will mean you can set up a dining area as and when required.
- Go bright.
- Dinner for two.
- Try dining benches.
- Go minimal.
- Opt for an extendable table.
- Go for dark opulence.
- Get savvy with your space.
How can I make a small dining room look bigger?
Try these 10 easy room-expanding tricks to help you maximize your square footage.
- Space It Out. Shoving furniture against the wall doesn’t guarantee a larger room.
- Paint With Light Hues. Photo by David Land.
- Use Multifunctional Pieces. Photo by Laura Stein.
- Use Mirrors.
- Fold It Up.
- Go Monochromatic.
- Get Perspective.
- Think Big.
What is the best shape table for a small dining room?
Most dining rooms are also rectangular. Also, a rectangular dining table is also a good shape to seat more than four people, especially if it comes with an extra leaf for extending the length, should you need to seat additional guests. Ideally, a rectangular table should be between 36 inches to 42 inches wide.
Are round tables better for small spaces?
Round Table Benefits. Round tables are well-suited to small dining rooms. Because of their small footprint and rounded shape, they create a dining room environment that’s warm, friendly and comfortable. Because there are no sharp edges, it’s an ideal option for families with young children.
How do I decorate a small dining room?
How to Furnish a Small Dining Room
- Consider Scale.
- Select a Limited Color Palette.
- Use Mirrors.
- Decide on Simple Window Treatments.
- Choose the Best Table Shape.
- Pick Armless Chairs.
- Consider Transparent Furniture.
- Use a Small Profile Chandelier.
How can I decorate my dining room?
10 Creative Ideas for Dining Room Walls
- Warm up your dining room with reclaimed wood.
- Metallic wallpaper adds glam to a neutral dining room.
- Highlight architectural details with color.
- Add color to your dining room walls with drapes.
- Jazz up your casual dining room with stripes.
- Mix colors and patterns to fix a boring dining room.
What colors make a small room look bigger?
Dark colors, on the other hand, tend to absorb light, making a room look smaller. For an optimum effect, select soft tones of off-white, blue and green, and always remember that brighter rooms look bigger and more inviting. Try painting your wall trim and moldings in a lighter color than your walls.
Are accent walls in Style 2019?
Whether it’s wallpaper, a bright paint color, or a photo gallery, creating an intentional accent wall is going out of style in 2019. Instead, home decorators are predicting that all the walls will match and focal points will come from decorative accessories instead.
How do you make a small room look bigger with a mirror?
Use Mirrors Strategically
Mirrors are great for reflecting light and creating the illusion of more space. Placing a large mirror near or across from a window is always effective. Another technique is to choose a focal point and then angle a mirror or two towards it. It will create the illusion of depth.
How do you pick the right size dining table?
Choosing the Right Dining Table Size. Keep in mind that each person needs about 2 feet of eating space and your table needs to be at least 36 inches wide to allow enough space for food and place settings.
Should I get a round or rectangle table?
In most cases the answer is yes because a round table offers the same usable table space with less of a footprint compared to rectangular tables of equal size. Take away the annoying corners and the fact that people are not sitting shoulder to shoulder and you have in a round table a better fit for the available space.
What takes up more space round or rectangle table?
The same is true for square tables; however, square tables take up more space than round ones. And for the same number of diners, it’s better to opt for a rectangular one, as it offers more seating areas.
Photo in the article by “Needpix.com”