Here are 5 Ways To Paint Furniture Without Sanding:
- USE A MINERAL PAINT. Mineral paint is very similar to chalk style paints in that no prep or prime is required.
- USE MILK PAINT + BONDING AGENT. As I already mentioned, the antique desk in this post was not prep-sanded.
- USE A BONDING PRIMER.
- USE A LIQUID SANDER/DEGLOSSER.
Can you chalk paint a kitchen table?
Chalk Paint Kitchen Dining Table with me. I’m not a professional but chalk painting looked so easy to do. No prep work or sanding needed. It dries quickly and doesn’t have the strong paint smell.
How do you repaint a table?
Suggested clip 93 seconds
How to Repaint a Piece of Furniture – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do you paint over finished wood?
To get paint to adhere to wood, you have to sand it, to rough up the surface. This allows the paint to grip the surface, especially with anything that’s varnished.
Work in a well ventilated area.
- Using the deglosser, apply with a paint brush over the surface of the wood.
- Allow it to penetrate the wood for 15 minutes.
Photo in the article by “Pixnio”