Suggested clip 72 seconds
How to Reupholster a Dining Chair | This Old House – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How much does it cost to reupholster a kitchen chair?
Based on over 1,500 customer responses, the average reupholstery cost is $659 with small chairs and couches costing between $341 and $978. Reupholstering dining room chairs can cost as little as $40 per chair, but a large sofa can cost more than $1,500.
How do I reupholster kitchen chairs?
- Gather Supplies and Remove Seat Cushion. Select chairs and fabric.
- Cut Lining. Place seat frame with cushion side face down on lining.
- Staple Lining to Cushion Frame. Attach lining to frame using staple gun.
- Trim Lining.
- Cut Fabric.
- Staple Fabric to Cushion Frame.
- Attach Fabric at Corners.
- Reattach Seat Cushion to Chair Frame.
What is the best fabric for kitchen chairs?
Cotton is a natural upholstery material that is durable and resists fading. It’s a breathable, absorbent fabric, so it’s best used in a home free of young children; otherwise, water-resistant seat covers can be placed over the children’s chairs to keep the chairs spill- and stain-free.
How much fabric do I need to recover a dining room chair?
All About Fabric!
As a general rule, using 54″ wide fabric, 3/4 yard will work for 2 chairs. Three-quarters yards will give you two pieces that are 27″ x 27″. If you have four chairs, you will need 1.5 yards, six chairs takes 2.25 yards, eight chair seats take 3 yards, and so on.
What is best fabric for dining room chairs?
The Best Kid-Friendly Fabric for Dining Chairs
- Silk. On the scale of kid-proof to total disaster, silk sits at the lower end.
- Pure linen. On its own, linen isn’t the best all-weather fabric for dining chairs.
- Cotton. Again, cotton is a reliable fabric when it is blended with other fabrics.
Photo in the article by “Max Pixel”